- Telehealth, Remote Presence Robotics and Virtual Healthcare
- Use of Teams and Technology to Enhance Access to Care for Rehabilitation
- Culturally Responsive Healthcare
- Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy
- Chronic Back Disorders
Current and Past Projects
- Remote Robotic Presence in Rural Saskatchewan: https://www.scpor.ca/por-stories
- Bringing Telerobotic Ultrasounds to Rural and Remote Saskatchewan: https://pattisonchildrens.ca/about-us/newsroom/telerobotic-system-southern-sask-health-expectant-families/
Virtual Health and Remote Presence Research Department of Surgery: https://research-groups.usask.ca/remote-presence/#Service
- Re-Imagining Rural and Remote Physiotherapy Event - January 2020
- Musculoskeletal Health and Access to Care research group website
- Assistant Professor, School of Rehabilitation Science
- Associate Member, Department of Surgery
- Associate Member, Canadian Centre for Rural and Agricultural Health
- Virtual technology driving beneficial change in medicine, especially for isolated communities. (2021) Read the full Leader Post article here
- Remote Presence Robotics in Rural Saskatchewan: Patient-Oriented Research on Chronic Back Pain Video (2020)
- CTV News interview (2017) https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1054331
- Crockett K, Lovo S, Irvine A, Trask C, Oosman S, McKinney V, McDonald T, Sari N, Carnegie B, Custer M, McIntosh S, Bath B. Experiences of Health Care Access Challenges for Back Pain Care Across the Rural-Urban Continuum in Canada: Protocol for Cross-sectional Research. JMIR Res Protoc 2022;11(12):e42484
- Hurtubise K, Gaboury I, Berbari J, Battista MC, Schuster T, Phoenix M, Rosenbaum P, Kraus De Camargo O, Lovo S, Pritchard-Wiart L, Zwicker JG, Beaudoin AJ, Morin M, Poder T, Gagnon MP, Roch G, Levac D, Tousignant M, Colquhoun H, Miller K, Churchill J, Robeson P, Ruegg A, Nault M, Camden C. Training Intervention and Program of Support for Fostering the Adoption of Family-Centered Telehealth in Pediatric Rehabilitation: Protocol for a Multimethod, Prospective, Hybrid Type 3 Implementation-Effectiveness Study. JMIR Res Protoc. 2022 Oct 28;11(10):e40218. doi: 10.2196/40218. PMID: 36306158; PMCID: PMC9652740. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36306158/
- Reichert M, Sawatsky R, Favel R, Boehm G, Breitkreuz L, Dickie K, Lovo S. Communities Needs Assessment for Rehabilitation. File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council and All Nations Healing Hospital. 2022 Feb
- Bishop S, Bath B, Wiechnik C, Mendez I, Johnson R. & Lovo S. Use of Virtual Care Strategies to Join Multidisciplinary Teams Evaluating Work-Related Injuries in Rural Residents. Journal of Telemedicine and E-Health. 2022 May.
- Lovo S, Harrison L, O'Connell Megan E, Rotter T, Bath B. A Physical Therapist and Nurse Practitioner Model of Care for Chronic Back Pain using Telehealth: Diagnostic and Management Concordance. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 2022 May
- Angarita-Fonseca A, Lovo S, Gomez-Diaz IC, Bidonde J, Hijeulos-Cardenas ML, Basualdo M, Premkumar K, Busch A. International continuing education for rehabilitation healthcare workers in Honduras: a pretest-posttest evaluation. Disability, CBR and Inclusive Development Journal. 2022 Feb
- Lovo S, Harrison L, O'Connell ME, Trask C, Bath B. Experience of Patients and Practitioners with a Team and Technology Approach to Chronic Back Disorder Management. Journal of Multidisciplinary HealthCare. 2019 Oct; 12: 1-15. https://www.dovepress.com/articles.php?article_id=49197.
- Arcobelli L, Flett P, Fricke M, Oosman S, Lovo Grona S, Fortin A. Building Partnerships in Indigenous Wellness. Physiotherapy Practice. 2019 Sep/Oct 9(5):10-11
- Horsley S, Schock G, Lovo Grona S, Montieth K, Mowat B, Stasiuk K, Boden C, Bath B. Use of real-time videoconferencing to deliver physical therapy services: a scoping review of published and emerging evidence. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 2019 June 18. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1357633X19854647?rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&journalCode=jtta
- Lovo Grona S, Oosman S, Bath B. Bridging Health Care Access Gaps in a Remote Indigenous Community. Physiotherapy Practice. 2018 Aug;8(4):17-19
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Busch A, Rotter T, Trask C, Harrison L. (2018). Use of videoconferencing technologies for physical therapy in people with musculoskeletal conditions: A systematic review. Telemedicine and Telecare. 24(5): 341-355.
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Busch A, Rotter T, Trask C, Harrison E. Use of videoconferencing technologies for physical therapy in people with musculoskeletal conditions: A systematic review. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. April 2017.
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Bustamante L, Mendez I. Case Report: Use of a Remote Presence Robot to Improve Access to Physical Therapy for People with Chronic Back Disorders in an Underserved Community. Physiotherapy Canada. 2017; 69 (1): 14-19.
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S, Milosavljevic S, Sari N, Imeah B, O’Connell ME. Advancing Interprofessional Primary Health Care Services in Rural Settings for People with Chronic Low Back Disorders: Protocol of a Community-Based Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Research Protocols. 2016;5(4):e212. Open access paper available here
- Bath B, Jacubowski M, Mazzei D, McRae J, McVittie N, Stewart S, Lovo Grona S. Factors Associated with Reduced Perceived Access to Physiotherapy Services among People with Low Back Disorders. Physiotherapy Canada. 2016 June 1-7: e1-7. E pub 2016 Jun. http://dx.doi.org/10.3138/ptc.2015-50.
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S. Biopsychosocial Predictors of Short-term Success among People with Low Back Pain Referred to a Physiotherapy Spinal Triage Service. Journal of Pain Research. 2015 Apr;2015(8):189-202. Open access paper available here
- Lovo Grona S, Bourassa R, Bath B. Hidden in Plain Sight: A Case of Pituitary Adenoma Presenting to a Physiotherapy-Led Spinal Triage Program.
Orthopaedic Division Review, 2014, 27(2), 1-5.
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S, Janzen B, A spinal triage program delivered by physiotherapists in collaboration with orthopaedic surgeons. Physiotherapy Canada. 2012; 64(4): 356-66.