- Telehealth, Remote Presence Robotics and Virtual Healthcare
- Use of Teams and Technology to Enhance Access to Care for Rehabilitation
- Culturally Responsive Healthcare
- Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy
- Chronic Back Disorders
Chronic Back Pain? We Want To Hear From You!
Current and Past Projects
- Re-Imagining Rural and Remote Physiotherapy Event - January 2020
- Assistant Professor, School of Rehabilitation Science
- Associate Member, Department of Surgery
- Lovo S, Harrison L, O'Connell ME, Trask C, Bath B. Experience of Patients and Practitioners with a Team and Technology Approach to Chronic Back Disorder Management. Journal of Multidisciplinary HealthCare. 2019 Oct; 12: 1-15. https://www.dovepress.com/articles.php?article_id=49197.
- Arcobelli L, Flett P, Fricke M, Oosman S, Lovo Grona S, Fortin A. Building Partnerships in Indigenous Wellness. Physiotherapy Practice. 2019 Sep/Oct 9(5):10-11
- Horsley S, Schock G, Lovo Grona S, Montieth K, Mowat B, Stasiuk K, Boden C, Bath B. Use of real-time videoconferencing to deliver physical therapy services: a scoping review of published and emerging evidence. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 2019 June 18. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1357633X19854647?rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&journalCode=jtta
- Lovo Grona S, Oosman S, Bath B. Bridging Health Care Access Gaps in a Remote Indigenous Community. Physiotherapy Practice. 2018 Aug;8(4):17-19
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Busch A, Rotter T, Trask C, Harrison L. (2018). Use of videoconferencing technologies for physical therapy in people with musculoskeletal conditions: A systematic review. Telemedicine and Telecare. 24(5): 341-355.
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Busch A, Rotter T, Trask C, Harrison E. Use of videoconferencing technologies for physical therapy in people with musculoskeletal conditions: A systematic review. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. April 2017.
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Bustamante L, Mendez I. Case Report: Use of a Remote Presence Robot to Improve Access to Physical Therapy for People with Chronic Back Disorders in an Underserved Community. Physiotherapy Canada. 2017; 69 (1): 14-19.
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S, Milosavljevic S, Sari N, Imeah B, O’Connell ME. Advancing Interprofessional Primary Health Care Services in Rural Settings for People with Chronic Low Back Disorders: Protocol of a Community-Based Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Research Protocols. 2016;5(4):e212. Open access paper available here
- Bath B, Jacubowski M, Mazzei D, McRae J, McVittie N, Stewart S, Lovo Grona S. Factors Associated with Reduced Perceived Access to Physiotherapy Services among People with Low Back Disorders. Physiotherapy Canada. 2016 June 1-7: e1-7. E pub 2016 Jun. http://dx.doi.org/10.3138/ptc.2015-50.
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S. Biopsychosocial Predictors of Short-term Success among People with Low Back Pain Referred to a Physiotherapy Spinal Triage Service. Journal of Pain Research. 2015 Apr;2015(8):189-202. Open access paper available here
- Lovo Grona S, Bourassa R, Bath B. Hidden in Plain Sight: A Case of Pituitary Adenoma Presenting to a Physiotherapy-Led Spinal Triage Program.
Orthopaedic Division Review, 2014, 27(2), 1-5.
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S, Janzen B, A spinal triage program delivered by physiotherapists in collaboration with orthopaedic surgeons. Physiotherapy Canada. 2012; 64(4): 356-66.