Student and Postdoctoral Research Positions
SRS faculty and partners are currently recruiting for the following positions
MSc PositionRecruiting an MSc student to participate in research involving shoulder rehabilitation for breast cancer survivors.
Dr. Soo Kim, Associate Professor with the School of Rehabilitation Science at the University of Saskatchewan, is looking for a highly motivated graduate student (1 MSc) to work on breast cancer survivorship research focused on shoulder rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will have:
- at least a Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology or health sciences or have a physical therapy training background
- experience working in interdisciplinary teams
- experience with quantitative research (i.e. summer student research project or 4th year research project)
- an interest in shoulder rehabilitation and improving functional shoulder outcomes for breast cancer survivors
- previous training in anatomy, biomechanics, and exercise prescription
- capacity to meet the English proficiency requirements (e.g., TOEFL) and other requirements for admission to the University of Saskatchewan’s College of Graduate Studies and Research: https://cgps.usask.ca/admissions/admission-requirements.php#Minimumrequirements
- an interest in patient-oriented research (asset qualification)
Studies currently being conducted under Dr. Kim’s supervision include kinematic analysis of the shoulder in breast cancer survivors with various breast reconstruction procedures, EMG analysis of rotator cuff muscles, assessment of rehabilitation and nutritional services and resources for breast cancer survivors, and App development for shoulder rehabilitation protocols.
Starting date: Immediately and up to January 2021.
Stipend: $16,000/year with potential for additional funding
To apply: Contact Dr. Soo Kim at email@example.com and include your CV, GPA, a 1-paragraph “statement of interest” explaining why you would like to join the team, transcripts (unofficial accepted) and contact information of three referees (one of whom can speak to your previous research experience).
For all other College of Medicine Graduate and Postdoctoral positions, please click the link below.