Physical therapy management of musculoskeletal conditions
Breast cancer rehabilitation
Rotator cuff pathology
Three dimensional computer muscle and nerve modeling
Musculoskeletal imaging with special interest in ultrasonography
Study of normal and pathological muscle architecture in relation to musculoskeletal injuries and diseases using advanced imaging modalities
- Calver R, Alenabi T, Cudlip A, Kim SY. Regional Activation of Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus Sub-Regions During Dynamic Tasks Performed with Free Weights. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology.2019 May.
- Lang A, Kim SY, Milosavljevic S, Dickerson CR. The utility of the acromion marker cluster (AMC) in a clinical population. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. 2019 Apr.
- Alenabi T, Whittaker R, Kim SY, Dickerson CR. Maximal Voluntary Isometric Contraction Tests for Normalizing Electromyographic Data from Different Regions of Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus Muscles: Identifying a Reliable Combination. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. 2018 Apr;41:12-26. Epub 2018 Apr 25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2018.04.007.
- Lattimer L, Lanovaz JL, Farthing JP, Madill S, Kim SY, Robinovitch S, Arnold CM. Biomechanical and physiological age differences in a simulated forward fall on outstretched hands in women. Clinical Biomechanics. 2018 Feb;52:102-108. Epub 2018 Feb 3. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2018.01.018.
- Kim SY, Ko JB, Dickerson CR, Collins DF. Electromyographic investigation of anterior and posterior regions of supraspinatus: A novel approach based on anatomical insights. International Biomechanics. 2017 Dec;4(2):60-67. https://doi.org/10.1080/23335432.2017.1364667.
- Sachdeva R, Farthing J, Kim SY. Evaluation of supraspinatus strengthening exercises based on fiber bundle architectural changes. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. Epub 2016 May 3
- Sachdeva R, Donkers S, Kim SY. Angelman Syndrome: A Review Highlighting Musculoskeletal and Anatomical Abberations. Clinical Anatomy. 2016 Jul; 29 (5):561-567
- Sachdeva, R., Busch, A.J., Harrison, E.L., Julia, B., Kim, S.Y. Architectural parameters of supraspinatus: A systematic review of cadaveric studies. Physical Therapy Reviews. 2015 June; 1;20 (3): 187-200
- Kim, S.Y., Sachdeva, R., Li, Z., Lee, D., Rosser, B.W. Change in the pathologic supraspinatus: A three-dimensional model of fiber bundle architecture within anterior and posterior regions. Biomed International. Epub 2015 Aug 27
- Kristen, S., Rosser, B.W., Kim, S.Y. Fiber type composition of the human quadratus plantae muscle: A comparison of the lateral and medial heads. Journal of Foot and Ankle Research. 2014 Dec; 7(1): 54
- Kim, S.Y., Ko, J.B., Fathing, J., Butcher, S. Investigation of supraspinatus muscle architecture following concentric and eccentric training. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2015 Jul; 18(4): 378-82.
- Hermenegildo, J.A., Roberts S,L., Kim, S.Y. Innervation Pattern of the Suprascapular Nerve within Supraspinatus: A Three Dimensional Computer Modeling Study. Clinical Anatomy. 2013.
- Kim, S.Y., Lunn, D.D., Dyck, R.J., Rosser, B.W.C. Fiber type composition of the architecturally distinct regions of human supraspinatus: A cadaveric study. Histology and Histopathology. 2013.
- Magnus, C., Kim, S.Y., Boychuck, K., Farthing, J. At-home resistance tubing strength training increases shoulder strength in the trained and untrained limb. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports. 2013. Epub 2013 Jan.
- Kim, S.Y., Bleakney, R., Rindlisbacher, T., Ravichandiran, K., Rosser, B., Boynton, E. Musculotendinour architecture of pathological supraspinatus: a pilot in vivo ultrasonography study. Clinical Anatomy. 2013; 26 (2): 228-235
- Kim, S.Y., Bleakney, R., Boynton, E.L., Ravichandiran, K., Rindlisbacher, T., McKee, N., Agur, A.M. Investigation of the Static and Dynamic Musculotendinous Architecture of Supraspinatus. Clinical Anatomy, 2010; 23 (1) 48-55
- Kim, S.Y., Boynton, E.L., Ravichandiran K., Fung L., Bleakney, R., Agur, A.M. A Three-dimensional Study of the Musculotendinous Architecture of Supraspinatus and its Functional Correlations, Clinical Anatomy, 2007; 20 (6): 648-655