- Health Services Research
- Rural Health
- Equitable Access to Health Care
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Integrated Knowledge Translation
- Mixed Methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- Associate Professor, School of Rehabilitation Science
- Associate Member of the Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture (CCHSA) and the Department of Community Health and Epidemiology
Degrees and Credentials
- PhD Community Health and Epidemiology, University of Saskatchewan (2012)
- MSc Community Health and Epidemiology, University of Saskatchewan (2006)
- BScPT School of Physical Therapy, University of Saskatchewan (1998)
- Fellow of Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT) (2001-present)
- Licensed Physical Therapist (Saskatchewan College of Physical Therapists) (1998-present)
- Horsley S*, Schock G*, Lovo Grona S, Montieth K*, Mowat B, Stasiuk K*, Boden C, Bath B. Use of real-time videoconferencing to deliver physical therapy services: a scoping review of published and emerging evidence. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. (In Press)
- Shah T*, Milosavljevic S, Trask C, Bath B. Mapping physiotherapy use in Canada in relation to physiotherapist distribution. Physiotherapy Canada (In Press)
- Oosman S, Ogunsan* M, Weber G, Bath B.(2018). Enhancing access to physical therapy services for people experiencing poverty and homelessness: The Lighthouse Pilot Project. (2019) Physiotherapy Canada. 71(2): 176-186. Abstract available here.
- Bath B, Jaindl B*, Dykes L*, Coulthard J*, Naylen J*, Rocheleau N*, Clay L, Khan M*, Trask C. (2019) Get ‘Er Done: Experiences of Canadian farmers Llving with chronic low back disorders. Physiotherapy Canada. 71(1): 24-33. Abstract available here.
- Khan M*, Bath B, Boden C, Adebayo O**, Trask C. (2019) The association between awkward working posture and low back disorders in farmers: a systematic review Journal of Agromedicine 24 (1), 74-89. Abstract available here.
- Bath B, Lawson J, Ma D, Trask C. (2018) Self-reported use of family physician, chiropractor and physiotherapy services among adult Canadians with chronic back disorders: an observational study. BMC Health Services research. 18 (1), 970. Article available here.
- Shah T*, Bath B, Proctor P, Cuddington C, McQuarrie A, Milosavljevic S. (2018) Variation in the Geographic Distribution of Physiotherapy Student Clinical Placements in Rural Saskatchewan. Physiotherapy Canada. 70 (3), 274-279. Abstract available here.
- Zeng X**, Reist R**, Jelinski M, Bath B, Erickson N, Clark C, Trask C (2018) Musculoskeletal discomfort among Canadian bovine practitioners: Prevalence, impact on work, and perception of physically demanding tasks.The Canadian Veterinary Journal 59 (8), 871-879. Abstract available here.
- Asante BO*, Bath B, C Trask (2018) Trunk posture assessment during work tasks at a Canadian recycling center. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 68, 297-303. Abstract available here.
- Taylor Gjevre R, Nair B, Bath B, Okpalauwaekwe U, Sharma M, Penz E, Trask C, Stewart S. (2018). Addressing rural and remote access disparities for patients with inflammatory arthritis through video- conferencing and innovative inter-professional care models. Musculoskeletal Care. 16(1): 90-95. Abstract available here
- Crockett**, S. Kontulainen, J. P Farthing, P. Chilibeck, B. Bath, A.D.G. Baxter-Jones, C.M. Arnold. (2018). Differences in Function and Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women With and Without a Recent Distal Radius Fracture. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. 26(1): 136-145. Abstract available here.
- Goes S, Trask C, Boden C, Bath B, Cury Ribeiro D, Hendrick P, Clay L, Zeng X, Milosavljevic S. (2018). Measurement properties of instruments assessing permanent functional impairment of the spine: a systematic review protocol. BMJ Open. 8: e019276. Abstract available here.
- Lovo Grona* S, Bath B, Busch A, Rotter T, Trask C, Harrison L. (2018). Use of videoconferencing technologies for physical therapy in people with musculoskeletal conditions: A systematic review. Telemedicine and Telecare. 24(5): 341-355. Abstract available here.
- Essien S**,Khan M*,Boden C, Bath B, Trask C. (2018). Association Between Whole Body Vibration and Low Back Disorders in Farmers: A Scoping Review. Journal of Agromedicine. 23: 105-120. Abstract available here.
- Shah* T, Milosavljevic S, Bath B. (2017). Determining geographic accessibility of family physician and nurse practitioner services in relation to the distribution of seniors within two Canadian Prairie Provinces. Social Science & Medicine. 194: 96-104. Abstract available here.
- Trask C, Bath B, Milosavljevic S, Kociolek A, Predicala P, Penz E, Adebayo* G, Whittington L. (2017). Evaluating swine injection technologies as a workplace musculoskeletal injury intervention: a study protocol. Biomed Research International. Full text available here.
- Shah T, Milosavljevic S, Bath B. Measuring geographical accessibility to rural and remote health care services: Challenges and considerations. Spatial and Spatiotemporal Epidemiology. 2017 June; 21: 87-96. Abstract available here.
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Busch A, Rotter T, Trask C, Harrison E. Use of videoconferencing technologies for physical therapy in people with musculoskeletal conditions: A systematic review. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. April 2017. Abstract available here.
- Essien S, Trask C, Dosman J, Bath B. Investigating the association between lower extremity and low back symptoms among Saskatchewan farmers using the Standardized Nordic Questionnaire. Spine. 2017 Abstract available here.
- Zeng X, Kociolek A, Khan M, Milosavljevic S, Bath B, Trask C. Predicting whole body vibration exposure in Canadian prairie farmers. Annals of Work Exposures and Health. 2017 June; 61(5): 554-565. Abstract available here.
- Lovo Grona S, Bath B, Bustamante L, Mendez I. Case Report: Use of a Remote Presence Robot to Improve Access to Physical Therapy for People with Chronic Back Disorders in an Underserved Community. Physiotherapy Canada. 2017; 69 (1): 14-19. Abstract available here.
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S, Milosavljevic S, Sari N, Imeah B, O’Connell ME. Advancing Interprofessional Primary Health Care Services in Rural Settings for People with Chronic Low Back Disorders: Protocol of a Community-Based Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Research Protocols. 2016;5(4):e212. Open access paper available here
- McFadden B, Jones McGrath K, Lowe T, Thiessen C, Irinici S, Shah T,Milosavlejvic S, Bath B. Examining Supply and Demand of Physiotherapy in Saskatchewan: What’s the Relationship between Where Physiotherapists Work and Population Health Need? Physiotherapy Canada 2016 68(4); 335–345. Abstract available here.
- Zeng X, Kociolek A, Khan MI, Milosavljevic S, Bath B, Trask C. Whole body vibration exposure patterns in Canadian prairie farmers. Ergonomics. epub Nov 2016. Abstract available here
- Trask C, Bath B, Johnson P, Teschke K. Risk Factors for Low Back Disorders in Saskatchewan Farmers: Field-based Exposure Assessment to Build a Foundation for Epidemiological Studies. Journal of Medical Internet Research Protocols. 2016 Jun;5(2):e111.Open access paper available here
- Bath B, Jacubowski M, Mazzei D,McRae J, McVittie N, Stewart S, Lovo Grona S. Factors Associated with Reduced Perceived Access to Physiotherapy Services among People with Low Back Disorders. Physiotherapy Canada. 68(3): 260-66. 2016 Aug. Abstract available here
- Essien S, Bath B, Koehncke N, Trask C. Saskatchewan Farm Injury Cohort Study Team. Association Between Farm Machinery Operation and Low Back Disorder in Farmers: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 58(6):e212-17. 2016 Jun. Abstract available here
- Shah T, Bath B, Milosavljevic S. Comparing Geographical Distribution of Community-based Physiotherapists and Family Physicians across Saskatchewan. The Canadian Geographer. 2015 Oct;59(4):461-473. Abstract available here
- Goodridge D, Westhorp G, Rotter T, Dobson R, Bath B. Lean and Leadership Practices: Development of an Initial Realist Program Theory. BMC Health Services. 2015 Sep;15: 362. Open access paper available here
- Trask C, Khan M, Adebayo G, Boden C, Bath B. Equity in Whom Gets Studied: A Systematic Review Examining Geographical Region, Gender, Commodity, and Employment Context in Research of Low Back Disorders in Farmers. Journal of Agromedicine. 2015 Aug;20(3):273-281. Abstract available here
- Bath, B, Gabrush J, Fritzler R, Dickson N, Bisaro D, Bryan K, Shah T. Mapping the physiotherapy profession in Saskatchewan: Exploring rural versus urban practice patterns. Physiotherapy Canada. 2015 Aug;67(3):221-231. Abstract available here
- Crockett K, Arnold C, Farthing J, Chilibeck P, Bath B, Baxter-Jones A, Kontulainen S. Bone Strength and Muscle Properties in Older Women With and Without a Recent Distal Radius Fracture.Osteroporosis International. 2015 May. Abstract available here
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S. Biopsychosocial Predictors of Short-term Success among People with Low Back Pain Referred to a Physiotherapy Spinal Triage Service. Journal of Pain Research. 2015 Apr;2015(8):189-202. Open access paper available here
- Milosavljevic S, Clay L, Bath B, Trask C, Penz E, Stewart S, Hendrick P, Baxter D, Hurley D, McDonough S. Walking away from back pain: one step at a time - a community-based randomised controlled trial. BMC Public Health. 2015 Jan;15(44). Open access paper available here
- Bidonde J, Busch AJ, Bath B, Milosavljevic S. Exercise for adults with fibromyalgia: an umbrella systematic review with synthesis of best evidence. Current Rheumatology Reviews. 2014;10(1):45-79. Abstract available here
- Bath B, Trask C, McCrosky J, Lawson J. Demographic and health characteristics of rural and urban dwelling Canadians with chronic back disorders: A population-based comparison. Spine. 2014 Nov 1;39(23):1960-8. Abstract available here
- Kinsman L, Rotter T, Stevenson K, Bath B, Goodridge D, Harrison L, Dobson R, Sari N, Jeffrey C, Bourassa C, Westhorp G. The largest Lean transformation in the world: The implementation and evaluation of Lean in Saskatchewan. Health Care Quarterly. 2014;17(2):29-32. Abstract available here
- Bath B, Trask C, McCrosky J, Lawson J. A biopsychosocial profile of adult Candians with and without chronic back disorders: A population-based analysis of the 2009-2010 Canadian Community Health Surveys. BioMed Research International, 2014;1-11. Open access paper available here
- Trask C, Bath B, McCrosky J, Lawson J. A Profile of Farmers and Other Employed Canadians with Chronic Back Pain: A Population-Based Analysis of the 2009-2010 Canadian Community Health Surveys. The Journal of Rural Health, 2014;30(3):300-10. Open access paper available here
- Lovo Grona S, Bourassa R, Bath B. Hidden in Plain Sight: A Case of Pituitary Adenoma Presenting to a Physiotherapy-Led Spinal Triage Program.
Orthopaedic Division Review, 2014, 27(2), 1-5. Abstract available here
- Bath B, Lovo Grona S, Janzen B, A spinal triage program delivered by physiotherapists in collaboration with orthopaedic surgeons. Physiotherapy Canada. 2012; 64(4): 356-66. Abstract available here
- Bath B, Pahwa P. A physiotherapy triage assessment service for people with low back disorders: evaluation of short-term outcomes. Patient Related Outcome Measures. 2012 Jun; 3:9-19. Open access paper available here
- Bath B, Janzen B. Patient and referring health care provider satisfaction with a physiotherapy spinal triage assessment service. Journal of Multidisciplinary Health Care. 2011; 2012(5):1-15. Open access paper available here
- Bhogal SK, Murray MA, McLeod KM, Bergen A, Bath B, Menon A, Kho ME, Stacey D. Using problem-based case studies to learn about knowledge translation
interventions: An inside perspective. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions. 2011;31(4):268-75. Abstract available here.